A Very Merry Christmas to All

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Giftie Tags

I am really, REALLY pressed from time today. Company coming, shopping to do and guest beds to make.
I was asked about giftie tags. A simple kind of "anyone can do this" swap.
A pictures worth a thousand words so here's what I do:
 I use regular size tags so I decided to pick 4 I liked for this "Gift" you can use one big one, you can purchase tags, make tags, print tags...It's your world. These are the four I selected.The n umber of tags is up to you.
Then I cut 6 yards of different Fall colored ribbon. made a packet of jewels, buttons and charms and added two skeins of Fall colored embroidery floss.
Note how I laid the tags together and started with the orange ribbon to wrap. I then added the buttons and wrapped some ribbon, then the jewels, ribbon, charms, ribbon, more ribbon (floss is on the back side). Then with double sided tape a added some flowers. While I was doing all this I thought of a couple of other flat things I could add as well. As you can see it all fits very nicely in an envelope.

Just a little gift, made from your own stash, to hopefully put a smile on someones face.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie,
    I love your tags and the goodies.
    Hope to work on mine soon. :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete