A Very Merry Christmas to All

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

As Promised

I have had some very interesting mail days. Did you ever have one of those days where you just feel blah? Nothing is really wrong, or what is wrong seems way bigger or harder than it really is? I recently had one of those days. One where I was feeling a bit battered both by health and by people and then happiness just walked right through that door.
People can say what they want about "all those groups" I belong to. I really cut back on my groups and only have 4 now. One dealing only in ATC, One dealing in mixed media, one dealing only in dolls and one dealing in Fabric arts. I truly like swapping, no matter what I get, it's always an experience to see what others make and to own art by other people. Then you have those people who send RAK just to make you smile.
I saw something June made and just thought it was a wonderful decoration...little did I know I would get one in the mail. It's a POP UP BALL, delivered flat and then becomes a ball when hung...How can I look at this and not smile?
Then I mentioned to Brenda how much sequin waste we threw away at the florist when it closed shop...Who knew it would be reborn in mixed media. The same day I got the Ball, I received some different pieces of sequin waste from kind hearted Brenda

Even Trudi's little dolly things it grand!!
Then to really top off my week...Wendy  hosted a Bunny Swap...I was delighted when she asked me if I'd be willing to have a Partner outside the USA. I was even more tickled when I found out it was Chris' first doll...well first swap doll. She confessed to me that she had "no idea" what was expected... I hope I set her mind at ease when I said just go with it. I love seeing what people come up with and let me tell you, I was over the moon when I opened this Bunny. This does not look like a "First" doll. Chris used some technique that called for  coffee, cinnamon, wax....it all sounded new to me...but look what she did. meet Sweet Betty Bunny.....

Don't you just want to hug her? She came with her own little hand quilted quilt (which I stole for my table) some hand died thread, beautiful shell buttons, a little tin fairy purse (which I collect and she didn't know)...done in purple yet and a Koala key chain. Chris really paid attention to detail with a hand sewn heart, a cute little scarf...Betty is just a sweetheart and will  be treasured. So for all who managed to make this week a very happy one...Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.
Now what the heck could that mess be? Stay tuned.....

2 comments:

  1. That fan shapped thingy at the bottom is intriguing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pleased you like your Bunny. Looks like you had a fun week at the PO. Happy days to you. Chris.

    ReplyDelete