A Very Merry Christmas to All

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Side tracked

Oh stop laughing. All artist get side tracked now and then. I think the trouble with most of us is...We have a passion but we are always opened to new suggestions. Always opened to learning new things. One of the girls in Art for  the Creative Mind has a tutorial on hmmm I guess it would be altered paper? Anyway, it's done with glue and Perfect pearls and a heat gun. Very interesting , so I just tried it and love the technique...You'll see it posted here very soon.
Mean while my DDIL called to ask if I'd have the time to make an American Girl Sleeping bag, seems there is one little gal that doesn't have one LOL (I love when my Grand daughter visits , I don't just make for her but for her friends as well. Shows me she has a giving heart). I don't have an AG doll but I do have one to use as a model for what I make.
How comfy does that doll look? She even has a built in pillow...The color is actually a pretty lavender. Hope the little one likes it.
So I mentioned that ornament hanger. I'm making tags for Family and friends gifts. I decided to use a vintage Christmas card for one side and then make the wire Tree for the other side. This way it's a tag, but if they like they can remove the tree and use it as an ornament hanger...So what do you think?

Hey run on over to Ravenwood Whimzies, Wendy has a lot to share. While your at it visit some of my other followers, I'm sure you'd enjoy every one of them and I know they'd like the company....

3 comments:

  1. That sleeping bag is brilliant...I'm sure the little girl will love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the snuggle blanket for the dolly and really do love your gifty ornament tags...
    LindaKayMurphy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathie,
    The sleeping bag turned out great! That doll looks really cozy in it. :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete